Topic: About requirements and shared hosting setup

Ello, firstly Id like to know wether sqlite is still needed? My hoster only has MySQL.
If no more, Id continue asking!

Re: About requirements and shared hosting setup

Okay, I've set it up well I guess. There is one problem though.
The thumbnails doesnt show up and when I click on the link for the picture, it says I don't have permission. I've set both the /img and /thumbs folder to 777.

Hmm. Can you describe your setup (Apache? Version? PHP version? MySQL?) and provide the output of showing ownership and permissions for your ochiba folder?

Everything else appears to be working?

Yup. Everything else is working.

Setup is ~
Apache - 2.0.51
PHP - 4.3.10
mySQL - 4.0.18

Hmm, I only how to get the output from my FTP program. Hope that'll do. I own every folder btw.
drwxr-xr-x   9 .
drwxr-xr-x   4 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 .htaccess
-rw-r--r--   1 background.png
-rw-r--r--   1 background1.png
-rw-r--r--   1 conf.php
drwxr-xr-x   2 css
drwxrwxrwx   3 img
drwxr-xr-x   2 includes
-rw-r--r--   1 index.php
drwxr-xr-x   2 js
drwxr-xr-x   2 templates
drwxrwxrwx   3 thumbs
drwxrwxrwx  3 tmp

Do you wanna see the problem in action anyway?

If you don't mind, could you email me the URL for your site? Perhaps something wil occur to me if I see the problem "in person".

ochiba @ x-maru . org

Sent. Thanks lots again for sparing your time.

For some reason, your img/ and thumbs/ directories don't appear to have a "00/" directory in them. It should've been automatically created when the first image was uploaded.

A simple thing to try would be to manually create those directories and give them mode 777 and try to post a new picture. This doesn't answer why the directory wasn't created, but you won't have to worry about that again until the 1001st post...

Err, it does have a "00" folder, but the permissions werent created right. O__O.
I can view the pictures through the slideshow but not normally.
Is there any other way for the folders to be automatically set correctly?

Hmm, I'm not sure why the permissions were not set improperly - that's really odd. Maybe your hoster has some suexec wrapper and things are getting stored with your account as an owner, not the not web process's.

I guess one thing to try is to look in process_image.php and change the permissions used for the mkdir commands (should be lines 62 and 67) from 0700 to 0777.

Are things working OK now once you fixed permissions on the 00/ directories?

Both of your methods works. :) Thanks, I just have layouts issue now.