Topic: MySQL DB connection problems

I've recently installed Ochiba on a MySQL 4.0.25-standard based server (shared hosting), the server didn't have PEAR::DB support so I just did the workaround.

My issue is that no matter what I try the install script refuses to connect to the DB with this following error:

Checking for database connection ... FAILED - please check connection settings (mysql://randomname:randompassword@randomhost/randomdbname

The configuration file only has this line not commented (regarding the DB information):

define("DB","mysql://random:stillrandom@randomgoodness/randomdb");

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Re: MySQL DB connection problems

Hmm. "randomhost" is "localhost", I take it?

Can you try modify install.php as follows and report what it outputs?

Change Line #83 from

echo "FAILED - please check connection settings (" . DB . ")\n\n";

to

echo "FAILED - please check connection settings (" . $db->getDebugInfo(). ")\n\n";

Okay, figured that part out. (I didn't save mysql.php into /db)

New problem now, I get nothing after "Checking for database connection ..."

Install echos:

Checking for convert (/usr/bin/convert) ... OK

Checking for identify (/usr/bin/identify) ... OK

Checking permissions on /home/randomnamewhocares/public_html/imgboard/img ... OK

Checking permissions on /home/stillarandomname/public_html/imgboard/thumbs ... OK

Checking permissions on /tmp/ochiba-cache ...OK

Checking for HTML_Template_IT ...OK

Checking for PEAR::DB ...OK

Checking for database definition ... OK

Checking for database connection ...

And that's it.

By the way, kudos for the fast reply. Rare to see an helpful, active administrator on a free service.

Okay, got it. A novice mistake but you live and learn.

An helpful suggestion for you, you might want to include in your requirement information page the need to unpack all the content of /DB from the pack archive to /DB on the script location.

Seems not only db.php is needed.

Thanks again.

I'm glad you got it figured out - sorry that the part about PEAR::DB wasn't clear. I'll try to write up something a little more detailed.