Re: Having trouble with setup

lol that's fine, I can't put into words how much I want to thank you. Thank you very much.

Sure, no problem. If you really want stats at a later date, you could always change the ochiba URL for it, to something like "/statistics" or "/top" or something. It'll require changing a few lines of code, but shouldn't be too bad.

So, I'm having a very similar problem. None of the afore mentioned fixes help though. I still get a Not Found error when trying to access admin. My host is HostRocket and I can setup a temporary subdomain if you'd be willing to see what's up?

Sure- this is becoming an interesting excursion into the whacked-out configs that hosters are using these days :).

My host is HostRocket

I think I got it working. The fixes were same, regarding the mod_rewrite stuff. However, in your case, there was a problem detecting the URL because of the tilde account. This is an ochiba problem and I need to fix it.

In any case, in addition to the now-standard hacks as mentioned above, I hardcoded ROOT in your conf.php and added a RewriteBase line in your .htaccess.

Works beautifully now! Thank you very much for you time on this, I hope it helps with your own code as well.

Now I get a undefined function error for escapesimple() when trying to add a board... ;_; Have any thoughts on fixing that?

Lonestar wrote:

Now I get a undefined function error for escapesimple() when trying to add a board

Eeep, you must have an old PEAR::DB. I would pursue either:
1) Contacting your hoster and asking them to upgrade PEAR::DB
2) Install a local copy of it for ochiba to use (see http://ochiba.x-maru.org/reqs)

It works! Great! I installed my own version of PEAR::DB into the ochiba directory. Thank you yet again for your trouble.