Topic: Adding boards I have to go between www.mysite.com and mysite.com

So I set up your script and I'm adding boards. I have to alternate in the admin between "http://mysite.com/admin" and "http://www.mysite.com/admin" otherwise I get a "Page Not Found" Error

I've never had this issue before. What do I do?

Re: Adding boards I have to go between www.mysite.com and mysite.com

nevermind, I got it worked out.

I'm glad you figured it out - ochiba shouldn't care one way or the other whether it's being called www.mysite.com or just mysite.com. Could you perhaps describe what the issue was and how you resolved for other people who may run into the same problem?

I got the host to fix it, it was a server issue I guess.

The problem I'm having now is that the replies make new threads instead of actually replying to the post.

What did I do wrong?

http://www.pushthenet.com

Tahko wrote:

I got the host to fix it, it was a server issue I guess.

The problem I'm having now is that the replies make new threads instead of actually replying to the post.

What did I do wrong?

http://www.pushthenet.com

I'm looking at it compared to the demo and I see that when you hover over "Reply" on mine, it doesn't reference the thread post whereas the demo does. What do I need to do?

Hmm, your reply links lack the id in the URL - they should end with

id=123

but yours are ending with

id=

This is exactly what happened over in this forum post. Did you happen to make a modification to the code as described there (to page.php) ?

h3 wrote:

Hmm, your reply links lack the id in the URL - they should end with

id=123

but yours are ending with

id=

This is exactly what happened over in this forum post. Did you happen to make a modification to the code as described there (to page.php) ?

No I made no such modifications. I have modified the following:

sites.tmpl
home.tmpl
index.php
conf.php

Everything else, I haven't touched.

btw, looking at other issues, I should tell you that my host is Servage here is thier wiki:

https://www.servage.net/wiki/Main_Page

Also, here is a phpinfo of my server:

http://www.pushthenet.com/phpinfo.php

Wow, how bizarre- the bug that was caused by that mod was very obscure and I still don't really understand why it broke in the way that it did, so for someone else to run into the same symptom is extremely puzzling.

What changes did you make to index.php? Of the files you listed, that seems the most likely to have caused an issue. Can you try flushing the cache directory (you can do this from /admin)?

h3 wrote:

Wow, how bizarre- the bug that was caused by that mod was very obscure and I still don't really understand why it broke in the way that it did, so for someone else to run into the same symptom is extremely puzzling.

What changes did you make to index.php? Of the files you listed, that seems the most likely to have caused an issue. Can you try flushing the cache directory (you can do this from /admin)?

Well I only enabled the optional custom.php. It wasn't working before then either. Other than that, I haven't touched it.

Do you think it's the rewrite rules or something? That seems to fix everyone else. lol.

I looked in image.tmpl and found this:

<p class="collapser">
                <!-- BEGIN reply_link --><a href="{ROOT}/post?id={id}" onclick="return pop('{ROOT}/post?id={id}','Reply')" title="Add a reply to this post<!-- BEGIN saged_notice --> (this thread won't bump)" class="{saged}<!-- END saged_notice -->">Reply&raquo;</a><!-- END reply_link -->
                <!-- BEGIN modify_block --><a href="{ROOT}/modify?id={modify_id}" onclick="return pop('{ROOT}/modify?id={modify_id}','Modify')" title="Modify the title, categories, or keywords for this post - you must supply the original tripcode">Modify&raquo;</a><!-- END modify_block -->
                <!-- BEGIN move_block --><a href="{ROOT}/move?id={move_id}" onclick="return pop('{ROOT}/move?id={move_id}','Move')" title="Re-order this image">Move&raquo;</a><!-- END move_block -->
                <!-- BEGIN details_block --><a href="{ROOT}/{details_id}" title="See this post in detail view - you can delete comments there">Details&raquo;</a><!-- END details_block -->
                <!-- BEGIN delete_block --><a href="{ROOT}/delete?id={delete_id}" onclick="return pop('{ROOT}/delete?id={delete_id}','Delete')" title="Delete this post - you must supply the original tripcode">Delete&raquo;</a><!-- END delete_block -->
                <!-- BEGIN ban_parent --><a href="{ROOT}/ban?ip={ban_parent_ip}" onclick="return pop('{ROOT}/ban?ip={ban_parent_ip}','Ban')" title="Ban the IP used by this poster">Ban&raquo;</a><!-- END ban_parent -->
            </p>

When I change the reply like from (id) to (modify_id), it will work but only when the "modify" function is available on the page. It's only the (id) array that is affected. I'm not sure how to fix it. I tried to make a (reply_id) but it didn't work so well.

Yeah, changing to modify_id will only make it work for mods/admins.

The problem is most likely not within that code so I think it'd be better to track to track down the source rather than patch up somewhere else. Can you try reverting back to original files? You can back up all the files you've edited and then replace them all with original ochiba source (except for conf.php). You won't lose anything - the database/img/thumbs can stay in place, but as this appears to be some funny interaction between code and templates and I'm pretty sure default ochiba doesn't do this, I think that's the best way to trace this problem.

I'm really interested in the style, so I'm going to stick it out with you.

and I'll do you one better. I'll make a vanilla test install. I'll have to do it when I get home. I'll post again in about 3 or 4 hours.

Thank You

Scratch that, my server is throwing fits. I'm moving to another server. I'll update you on this once it is done.

http://www.pushthenet.com/vanilla/Test

Same thing happens with a plain vanilla install.

I'm completely baffled. This is still on servage.net?

Can you try this: at line 348 of include/images.php is the following line:

$tmpl->touchblock("reply_link");

Right before it, add the following:

$tmpl->setVariable("id",$vars["id"]);

h3 wrote:

I'm completely baffled. This is still on servage.net?

Can you try this: at line 348 of include/images.php is the following line:

$tmpl->touchblock("reply_link");

Right before it, add the following:

$tmpl->setVariable("id",$vars["id"]);

sorry, that didn't work.

You know what did though? Right where you told me on 348, I put this:

$vars["reply_id"] = $row["id"];

And then I went into image.tmpl and replaced (id) with (reply_id)

and it works EXCEPT

What template file do I need to edit in order to get the replace to activate in the thread itself here:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7257/threadreply.jpg

How weird - it was a stab in the dark since I can't reproduce your problem at all, so I guess I'm not too surprised it didn't work. However, the thing you did seems to trigger 1 extra/phantom post block to appear (both on that page in the image and on other pages, it always appears on the bottom) and I'm not sure why that would be.

Unfortunately, there's an interplay between php and template file so I don't think this is actually a fix you'll make in the template file...

Instead of your line, how about:

$vars['id'] = $row['id']

(leaving image.tmpl as the default of course)

Again, a blind stab in the dark...

h3 wrote:

How weird - it was a stab in the dark since I can't reproduce your problem at all, so I guess I'm not too surprised it didn't work. However, the thing you did seems to trigger 1 extra/phantom post block to appear (both on that page in the image and on other pages, it always appears on the bottom) and I'm not sure why that would be.

Unfortunately, there's an interplay between php and template file so I don't think this is actually a fix you'll make in the template file...

Instead of your line, how about:

$vars['id'] = $row['id']

(leaving image.tmpl as the default of course)

Again, a blind stab in the dark...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /includes/images.php on line 348

Ooops there should be a semi-colon at the end:

$vars['id'] = $row['id'];

Yeah I figured that out. It won't work like that. It did work the way I did it but I think I just need to figure out where to put it to where I don't get that phantom post.

Ok, good luck - I'm afraid you're on your own.

Do you happen to know the details of the OS you are running under? Which Linux distro, specifically. I'm thinking I could try to recreate the environment to see if I can reproduce the issue on my end so that I have something to work with.

System: Linux node3 2.100.3-1-amd64-grsec #1 SMP Mon Oct 20 22:41:19 CEST 2008 x86_64

Also, I'm thinking of switching servers, any recommendations or warnings?